B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts, and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design, and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multigenerational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high-value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
Reporting to the Director, Planning & Landscape Viet Nam, and working closely with Design Director in the Viet Nam office as well as Principals in the Toronto and Shanghai studios. The Intermediate Urban Designer / Planner / Architect will lead the design phase of several large scale urban design projects.
Specific Position Responsibilities
• Client relations, consultant coordination, and project management for large scale master planning projects.
• Both internal and external communication and correspondence.
• Project organization, scheduling and budget control.
• May involve some international travel
• Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Viet Nam, Shanghai, and Toronto studios as well as other B+H studios globally.
• Strategic understanding of global design trends and issues.
• Participates and oversees the development of design concept direction through implementation into subsequent production.
• Develop planning concepts, graphic and presentation materials as required.
• Project Management of large-scale multi-faceted projects as required, collaborating with numerous teams in multiple locations
• Bachelor of Architecture, Masters of Urban Planning / Urban Design or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of design & project management experience for large scale urban design and planning projects.
• Experience in international projects.
• Viet Nam Architecture and Planning License
• Strong leadership and inter-personal skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong graphic (hand/computer) presentation skills
• Strong urban design skills
• Ability to perform in a multi-discipline team environment
• Good working knowledge in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Office
• Strong graphic presentation skills; proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Experience in local approval processes and requirements
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
To apply please send your resume to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com, quoting “Senior Urban Designer/Planner” in the subject line.