B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shenzhen, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com .
Our Seattle studio is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing in corporate workspace design. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high quality renderings.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce DD & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Assist with permit tender applications as required.
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out with assistance from CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train intern designers.
- Other duties as required.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills.
- Collaboration Skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills.
- Time Management and Organization Skills.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Interior Designer.
- Skilled in Revit, Enscape, and/or other 3D modeling software.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience selecting and specifying furniture, finishes, materials and light fixtures appropriate to project type.
- Working knowledge of ADA guidelines, basic building code and construction methods.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Intention to obtain NCIDQ certification.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your resume through our website by clicking HERE.