B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to Directors, and/or Principals, under the line management of the Architectural Manager, the 3D Designer will work independently and or within a team to deliver 3D Renders as required for each project.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- To work with the Manager/Designer to produce Visualizations (in SketchUp, 3DSmax, etc…) as required by the project.
- To work in a team and accurately follow direction of Manager/Lead Designer in a timely and organized manner, including coordinating with other 3D visualizers or Architectural Technicians to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate any conflict or challenges which may arise in the progress of a design project, (regarding modeling, rendering output, post-production Photoshop work, timelines, computer hardware or software restrictions/ updates/ requirements)
- Ability do Interior views with furniture settings with varying lighting conditions, as well as external large development site wide aerial views, street views, inclusive of cars, people, and landscaping, Roof top views, day/night photo realistic views.
- Ability to do animations/short videos of a Rendered Model; walk-through, fly-through, and fly- around, setting these to a documentary or music background.
- To document/modify and make representations in 2 and 3 dimensions, design projects of all size and nature; from Architecture, Master planning, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design.
- Research and source materials, finishes and build a 3D internal Resource Library.
- Provide back-up assistance to other members of the Architecture/Master Planning departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an Architect with a good understanding of materials and lighting conditions
- Understand the design process and fully comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake projects
- Professional, client service oriented and positive representative of the firm
- Exercise sound judgment; proactive and anticipate client needs; effectively identify problem areas and negotiate and mediate when necessary to resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Software/Technology fluency: AutoCAD 2015 or similar (Revit an asset), 3D Software (Sketchup, 3Ds Max, VRay, Photoshop).
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com, with “3D Designer” in the subject line.