Are you the first person your friends call when they’re stuck? Do you thrive on anticipating needs and challenges and solving them before they become a problem? Would you resort to Morse Code if it was the only way to make sure you’d communicated necessary information? If so, we need you!
B+H Advance Strategy is the Seattle location of the global design + consulting firm B+H Architects. We’re looking for an Architectural Account Manager to lead one of our key client relationships and help us grow our practice.
As the B+H Advance Strategy Key Account Manager you will;
- Oversee a major account based in North America.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills in facilitating client-facing activities and internal team coaching & support.
- Show a keen understanding of and interest in client management tools and activities.
- Possess sound project management skills, be knowledgeable about design trends, and understand financial analytics.
- Have a background in the design profession – ideally architecture, interior design or strategic workplace consulting.
- Be based in our Seattle studio, with travel primarily in the United States and Canada.
B+H has an entrepreneurial culture, and we believe in having fun along the way. this is This is an amazing opportunity for personal growth and professional development are you up for it?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the overall success for all the projects within a Client Program account.
- Accountability for all account projects
- Building a strong relationship based on communication, trust and performance results
- Providing a service that promotes client loyalty.
- Collaborating with Studio leaders to ensure compliance with account, project, and design/delivery expectations. Sharing best practices, innovating, and actively looking for opportunities to perform better.
- Demonstrating awareness of project-related issues raised by the client and actively proposing and facilitating solutions to resolve issues swiftly.
- Reporting regularly to the client, contractors, consultants, and Principal-in-Charge on the status and resolution of project issues.
- Actively identifying and mitigating the escalation of project issues and client concerns.
- Exemplifying confidence in conflict resolution.
- Conducting strategic/tactical meetings – Collaborating with the principals/senior leadership team to organize a schedule of strategic/tactical meetings to advance the account
- Accountability for leading and directing the project managers and resource teams through the design and delivery of all the projects within a client account(s)
- Regularly meeting with client to check in, verify pipeline, and review performance of B+H team
- Developing and mentoring team members and providing growth opportunities within the team.
- Guiding team members to be accountable for both design/delivery excellence and financial success.
- Accountability for the overall success of all projects within a Client Program account.
- Assuring that project milestones are on schedule, deadlines are met, and project close out complete
- Guiding and leading the overall design process.
- Executing QA throughout the project(s) to ensure design intent
- Establishing and adhering to project charters, work plans, financial targets, and staff resource planning
- Assigning workload to the project managers
- Working with the BIM manager to maintain templates and update when client standards change
- Keeping a log of all projects and RFPs for historical data tracking and future proposal planning
- Verifying CD/Permit submissions and deadlines are met by the Project Managers.
- Ensuring that technical quality and thoroughness of documentation meets industry and client standards.
- Staying on top of client and jurisdictional hot buttons to maintain smooth project delivery
Review & reporting
- Submitting fee proposals.
- Facilitating and supporting the execution of service contracts between clients before work commences.
- Reviewing, issuing, and collecting fee invoices monthly.
- Annual account budget development and tracking.
- Ability to build a new client program utilizing your expertise to assist in optimizing the program and achieve a greater result.
- Preparing and attending QBRs per account request.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is highly organized, goal oriented, and anticipates client needs
- Communicates effectively through email, in person, and both virtual and in-person meetings
- Proactively analyzes and assesses both individual and team performance, exhibiting a quest for excellence.
- Promotes a team culture that extends beyond the project level.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency when there are client needs and/or concerns.
- Consistently and confidently assesses situations and makes decisions swiftly.
- Is empathic and approachable, listens to staff and encourages the team to ask questions and challenge assumptions
- Is detail-oriented and has a strong grasp of grammar and spelling
- Is comfortable prioritizing competing deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative and is competent managing multiple project responsibilities and competing deadlines.
B+H offers flexibility in work-from-home and in-office settings. The ability to self-manage at-home work is a must.
B+H is a culture-driven organization, and our culture manifesto acts as a guide and inspiration for our client and interpersonal relationships:
GO BOLD: Challenge the status quo. Safe to fail.
BEST IDEA WINS: No capes no crowns.
NO A**HOLES: Internal and external relationships
MAKE IT MATTER: Social conscience. Meaningful and Purposeful work.
SEEK TO GROW: Learn to change. Knowledge, talent, community.
PLAYFUL HUMANS: We are fun. We are free-spirited. Work hard, play hard.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your resume through our website by clicking HERE.