B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts, and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design, and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multigenerational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high-value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
We are looking for a highly motivated Architectural Technician to join our Architecture Practice. This incumbent will have a passion for design and be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for strong team players able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The role will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Reporting to Project Manager and/or Director, the Architectural Technician is responsible for assisting the project team to plan and design spaces.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce and maintain quality of precise and detailed documentation to international standards
- Sound knowledge in design drawing and construction standards
- Experience in reviewing and quality control of drawings and documentation
- Substantial site experience having seen through the complete lifecycle of a project from conception to completion
- Prepare working drawings and assist with specifications for construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, furnishings, fixtures and equipment as well as assist with creation of sample boards under direction of supervising designer
- Prepare Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules) primarily in AutoCAD (and occasionally REVIT).
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- Proactively seek out resources and information from senior staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma from an internationally recognized Architecture program
- 5+ years’ experience working with a recognized international Interior Design or Architectural firm.
- Good understanding of the design process and ability to comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects
- Comfortable meeting and dealing with architects, contractors, other consultants, other interior designers, material suppliers and specifiers
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup/3DsMax, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com , with “Architectural Technician” in the subject line.