B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Global Finance Controller and working closely with the finance and accounting team in all the studios, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for compiling and consolidating global financial reports, along with assisting Global Finance Controller to improve financial policies and procedures.
- Compile and consolidate global financial reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for internal and external purposes
- Assist the Global Finance Controller to manage the finance and accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Revenue Recognition
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate the month end and year end close process
- Manage and comply with local and global government reporting requirement and tax filings
- Assist the Global Finance Controller to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work within the ERP System (BST) to ensure accurate completion of accounting and reporting within the system
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit working papers
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required
- Completed postsecondary education in Accounting/Business or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial and accounting with experience in a professional service firm strongly preferred, and minimum 5 years of managing experience
- Experience in an architectural/design firm considered an asset
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Assistant Controller – Toronto” in the subject line.