B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
The BIM Specialist reports to the BIM Advisory Committee, led by a firm Principal. The primary responsibilities are standardizing BIM assets and the development of protocol documentation. This is a 1-year contract position with option to extend upon discussion at contract conclusion.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Primary support for developing BIM assets in accordance with B+H standards (new and emerging) to streamline digital project delivery. This includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Revit Families
- Revit Templates (project, views)
- Graphic Standards
- Naming conventions
- Shared Parameters
- Assist with the organization of standardized BIM content and their implementation to improve design team workflows
- Assist in development of office-wide protocol documents to supplement the rollout of BIM standards to project teams
- Support in development of tutorial documentation for staff training
- Implement directives from BIM Managers and Standards Committee (senior design personnel) for the ongoing development of office standards
- Coordinate and work with task groups such as the BIM Advisory Committee (which will include users from multiple disciplines – Landscape, Interior Design, Urban Planning)
- Architectural Technologist graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologists Program
- 5-10 years of experience as a technologist in a mature BIM environment (i.e. medium to large size firm with robust standards and large design teams)
- Excellent organizational, oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a large group as well as carrying out tasks independently, and able to implement directives from multiple sources
- Experience in creation & implementation of BIM office standards
- Highly proficient in the creation of Revit templates including the creation of families, view templates, view filters, detail items and establishing graphic standards across all the previously mentioned items
- Willingness to travel to global studios
- Experience in commercial, institutional and/or healthcare design preferred
- Other software expectations: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Building Code (OBC / NBC)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘BIM Specialist, Toronto’ in the subject line.