B+H is a global, award-winning, full service architecture and design consulting firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 65 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com
OUR INTERIORS PRACTICE
For more than 40 years, Interiors has been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established in our studios around the world. Additionally, our interiors practice supports projects that are integrated with large, complex architectural projects.
Our Workplace clients range from mid-size to large businesses, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Our CHIL Hospitality clients include 4 and 5 star brands with premier properties across North America and Asia. Healthcare, education, and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice.
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
We are seeking an experienced expert in all levels of workplace, hospitality and residential design to help grow and support our world class Interior Design team from our Toronto Studio, Canada.
The Business Development Director, Interior Design, will be responsible for managing business development in the region (Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver), as well as informing the strategy and direction of the interior design team by identifying new markets and emerging trends.
A creative thinker with persistence, a well rounded network, and a truly “people person”, The Business Development Director, Interior Design utilizes stellar verbal and written communications skills to connect broadly across the real estate community to identify prospects and position B+H for success in winning projects.
This is also a client-facing role and candidates are expected to have a strong track record of successfully pitching for new business.
SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and develop new client and brand relationships under the Principal, Interior Design based in Toronto, and the CHIL Principals based in Vancouver
- Represent and develop CHIL brand for Ontario, Quebec and Maritimes
- Represent B+H Workplace Interiors in Toronto (70%), Calgary (15%) and Vancouver (15%)
- Proactively build and maintain an external networks of clients (brands and owners) and colleagues in the hospitality industry in effort to identify, cultivate and capture business opportunities
- Provide market feedback to Leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospects for new business and strategies to obtain the work.
- Drive increased revenue and profit the achieve the company’s ambitious growth (doubling ID revenue in 3 years).
- Working to these targets, provide and maintain a professional and detailed Business Development plan with clear goals, targets, objectives and measures of success.
- Provide input into annual business plans.
- Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Business or other related field with a demonstrable connection to our work.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Business Development, Marketing or Sales pursuant to the Interior Design market, such as real estate, hospitality, furniture/product sales, or construction.
- Well-developed understanding of the design process and client needs and goals
- A well rounded existing network of commercial real estate brokers, project managers, contractors, vendors, etc. active in the Canadian Interior Design marketplace.
- Experienced in proposal writing, client presentations and negotiating contracts.
- A strong track record in identifying and pursuing new business leads and landing design awards
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Well-developed time management skills required to undertake multiple pursuits.
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel as required and to work collaboratively with colleagues in B+H studios in Canada
- Ability and enthusiasm to attend and represent the firm at industry events at breakfast and evenings.
- Experience working internationally and with large multi-disciplinary project teams would be an asset.
For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com , with “Business Development Director, Interior Design Studio, Toronto” in the subject line.