CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
With dedicated CHIL Interior Design studios in Vancouver, Hong Kong and Toronto we bid and work on hospitality projects around the world. With B+H studios, we are represented in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 9 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice, CHIL has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design. We develop unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Accor, Shangri-La, Fairmont, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates leading edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
CHIL Interior Design , as a specialty service offering within B+H, focuses on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly specialized studio to B+H’s global interior design team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allows CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full-service architecture and design firm.
CHIL Vancouver is looking for a highly motivated Architectural & Interior Design Technologist to join our Interiors Practice focusing on hospitality design. As a CHIL Architectural & Interior Design Technologist you will have responsibility for coordinating, managing and preparing the design development documents and construction documents for innovative and complex projects. The successful candidate will have a proven background as an Architectural Technician, both in experience and education. You have to be the one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team. CHIL is looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Architectural & Interior Design Technologist will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
As a CHIL Architectural & Interior Design Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Create contract documents for all stages of project delivery including client approval, coordination with architecture and M&E consultants IFT & IFC.
- Work with designers on a team to develop millwork and project details following the design intent.
- Coordinate interior design documents with architectural and consultant drawings.
- Coordinate and work with design team members.
- Liaise with consultants as needed.
- Assist with contract administration services.
- Be responsible for drawing standards and consistency in documentation between projects.
- Create and update standard interior details.
- Maintain CAD library and associated updates.
- Provide oversight on drawing reviews.
- Other duties as required.
As a successful Architectural & Interior Design Technologist, you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologist’s Program
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a technologist in an Architectural or Interior Design firm with a focus on CAD-based projects.
- Experience in large scale interior design projects such as residential towers, hotels, retail and restaurants.
- Significant design and detailing experience required.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft office with Revit knowledge considered a bonus.
- Working knowledge of British Columbia Building Code.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude, passion, and patience.
Ready to apply?
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
Click here to submit your resume and portfolio.
For more information about our firm please visit www.CHILdesign.com
B+H is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.