CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem-solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill, and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
With dedicated CHIL Interior Design studios in Vancouver, Hong Kong and Toronto we bid and work on hospitality projects around the world. With B+H studios, we are represented in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 9 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design, developing unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Accor, Shangri-La, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates a leading-edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
CHIL Interior Design as a specialty service offering within B+H focuses on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly specialized studio to B+H’s global interior design team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allow CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full-service architecture and design firm.
Our Toronto studio is looking for a highly motivated senior Interior Designer to provide design leadership and drive CHIL’s growth and expansion in Eastern Canada, focusing in Ontario. This individual will have a passion for creative hospitality design and business and employee development.
As the CHIL Design Director, you will report directly to the global principals in Vancouver responsible for managing business development in Ontario, Quebec and eastern provinces of Canada. You will lead the design process as well as direct, train, and mentor other members of the CHIL interior design team. As a creative thinker with a robust portfolio, including built, award-winning work, and as the CHIL Design Director you are capable of rolling up your sleeves to lead and develop your designs, as well as supporting, directing and developing a team who meet outstanding project solutions.
This is a client-facing role and candidates are expected to have a well-rounded network with experience working with hotel brands and a strong track record of supporting the business development process for standalone projects as well as representing the hospitality function for integrated project work in the region.
· Support and develop new client and brand relationships under CHIL principals based in Vancouver
· Represent and develop CHIL brand locally with a focus on Ontario, and extending to Quebec and Maritimes
· Proactively build and maintain an external network of clients (brands and owners) and colleagues in the industry in the effort to identify, cultivate and capture business opportunities
· Work with Principals in Vancouver on fee proposals and staff work plans
· Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
· Take the lead in managing multiple projects and a growing design team; delegate and assign tasks
· Create design concepts and oversee all design projects
· Ensure continued focus on delivering design excellence in all project work
· Provide studio leadership and build a team of designers based in our Toronto studio
· Attract, engage, develop and mentor design talent
· Work with Principals in Vancouver and management team in Toronto on project budgeting and profitability
· Oversee the design process, ensuring consistent and profitable results, maximizing team and system resources
· Manage projects through to completion
· Degree in Interior Design (CIDA accredited) or registered with a local professional association
· 10 – 15 years of work experience in hospitality design in the mid to high-end market
· Well-developed understanding of the design process and client needs and goals
· An inspirational portfolio of current and relevant award-winning work
· Experience in client presentations and new business development
· A strong track record in identifying and pursuing new business leads
· Experience negotiating contracts and managing scope and client expectations
· Excellent leadership skills to attract, train and supervise senior, intermediate and junior designers
· Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake multiple projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Software/Technology: working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Presentation Software (Image Ready, PowerPoint or Photoshop)
· Ability and enthusiasm to travel as required and to work collaboratively with colleagues in all B+H studios
· Experience working internationally and with large multi-disciplinary projects would be an asset.
To submit an application and portfolio, please visit our online portal at: https://bharchitects.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
For more information about our firm please visit www.CHILdesign.com
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet the required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.