CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. With dedicated CHIL Interior Design studios in Vancouver, Hong Kong and Toronto we bid and work on hospitality projects around the world. With B+H studios, we are represented in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 9 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design for our varied and prestigious clients. A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice, CHIL has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design. We develop unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Accor, Shangri-La, Fairmont, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates leading edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. CHIL Interior Design , as a specialty service offering within B+H, focuses on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly specialized studio to B+H’s global interior design team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allows CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full-service architecture and design firm.
CHIL Toronto is looking for a highly motivated Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing on hospitality design. As a CHIL Interior Designer you will be creative, the one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team. CHIL is looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Work with the team to produce compelling and informative presentations that exceed visual expectations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Effectively coordinate with local suppliers, project consultants, client representatives, and team members to deliver project milestones.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements, and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high quality renderings.
- Support internal teams on a variety of projects to best service our other industry clients.
- Research, gather, recommend, and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce Design Development & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules) in ideally both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, local codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Assist with permit and bid applications as required.
- Complete contract administration from tender through project close out with assistance from Project Manager and CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train Junior interior designers and technicians.
- Other duties as required.
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program.
- 7+ years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- Attained your NCIDQ certification or in the process of completion.
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects with emphasis in Workplace, Corporate and Commercial design. Only use this for workplace position. Swap out workplace, corporate and commercial for hospitality, residential and F&B
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- Proficient with REVIT, both as a planning and modelling (3D) tool – only for workplace position, swap out for CAD for hospitality designer.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Passionate in design, positive outlook, collaborative, and patient individual
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click HERE to submit your resume and portfolio.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.