B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multigenerational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
B+H is looking for a concept-driven Creative and Graphic Design Lead who is a savvy leader with excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. Being the dynamic person that you are, you can seamlessly transition from supporting, leading, and coaching your team to “rolling up your sleeves” to execute production work and manage workflow, balancing your team’s priorities and deliverables while working towards your collective long-term goals. While managing the day-to-day requirements of the role, you are also invested in supporting the firm’s stakeholders – including managing their expectations through communication, consultation, and collaboration.
Reporting into the lobal Director, Marketing and Communications, as Creative and Graphic Design Lead, North America, you will work closely with our Proposals Manager, North America; North American Managing
Principals and our Design Director, Experiential Graphic Design, in supporting the firm’s brand, marketing and business development goals.
In specific, as B+H’s Creative and Graphic Design Lead, North America, you will be responsible for:
- Alignment of brand assets with B+H, B+H Advance Strategy and CHIL brand identity
- Overseeing, guiding, and managing the workflow of your team in the production of a range of assets and collateral including but not limited to publications, award submissions, custom presentations for BD pursuits, web pages, social media campaigns, brochures, proposals and RFPs, internal presentations and reports, email campaigns, sponsorships and events
- Planning and coordinating photography for major projects, including sourcing and liaising with photographers. This includes working closely with the project design lead to developing the creative brief
- Directing and overseeing the development of video and motion material
- Overseeing concept development and design of email marketing campaigns levering your HTML + CSS design experience
- Overseeing, guiding, and developing a team of talented graphic designers based in studios across North America
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skillset:
- Keen understanding of graphic design principles including typography, color theory, proportion, scale, and the printing process
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, and sometimes changing deadlines
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- In addition to strong communication, you have a successful experience presenting to clients
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least 4-6 years of team leadership experience
- 8-10 years in a senior, in-house graphic design role
- Flexibility to work across different time zones
- Must have advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs and creating design layouts with Adobe InDesign (latest version)
- Advanced knowledge of printing production processes
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and video editing software is an asset (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in the planning, architecture, interior design, or related industry
- Financial literacy – ability to develop and manage budgets
- Experiencing managing external agencies, photographers, and other third-party vendors
- Environmental Graphic Design experience
- MAC operating system literacy considered an asset
- Proficiency in WordPress considered an asset
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to submit an application.