CHIL Interior Design
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 9 years as the hospitality studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality design and skilled documentation services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Toronto, Vancouver and Hong Kong, we are leaders in the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design, developing unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates leading edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
CHIL Interior Design as a specialty service offering within B+H, focuses on creating unparalleled hospitality experiences. CHIL lends the experienced hand of a highly-specialized studio to B+H’s global team. Partnership and respect across our global teams allows CHIL to deliver the best of both worlds: the tailored, collaborative approach of a specialized hospitality interior design studio with the resources and expertise of full service architecture and design firm.
We are seeking an experienced expert in all levels of hospitality and residential design to grow and inspire our world class hospitality team from our Toronto Studio, Canada.
The Design Director, CHIL Interior Design, will be responsible for managing business development in the region, and lead the design process as well as the direction, training and mentoring of the interior design team.
A creative thinker with a robust portfolio including built, award-winning work, the Design Director, CHIL Interior Design will be capable of leading design with their own hand, as well as bringing strong experience building teams and directing and guiding design to develop outstanding project solutions.
The Design Director, CHIL Interior Design, is a client-facing role and candidates are expected to have a well-rounded network and a strong track record of supporting the business development process for standalone projects as well as representing the hospitality function for integrated project work in the region.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Support and develop new and existing client and brand relationships under CHIL principals based in Vancouver
- Represent and develop CHIL brand for Ontario, Quebec Maritimes and beyond.
- Proactively build and maintain an external network of clients (brands and owners) and colleagues in the industry in effort to identify, cultivate and capture business opportunities
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Take the lead in managing multiple projects and a growing design team; delegate and assign tasks
- Ensure continued focus on delivering design excellence in all project work
- Provide studio leadership and build a team of designers based in our Toronto studio
- Attract, engage, develop and mentor design talent
- Oversee the design process, ensuring consistent and profitable results, maximizing team and system resources
- Manage projects through to completion
- Degree in Interior Design / professional registration
- At least 10 – 15 years of work experience in hospitality design in the mid to high end market
- Well-developed understanding of the design process and client needs and goals
- An inspirational portfolio of current and relevant work
- Experienced in client presentations and new business development
- A strong track record in identifying and pursuing new business leads and landing design awards
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing scope and client expectations
- Excellent leadership skills to attract, train and supervise senior, intermediate and junior designers
- Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, 3D knowledge preferred (Sketchup or Max), Microsoft Office 2003, Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point or Photoshop)
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel as required and to work collaboratively with colleagues in B+H and CHIL studios globally
- Experience working internationally and with large multi-disciplinary projects would be an asset.
For more information please visit www.CHILdesign.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com , with ‘Design Director, CHIL, Toronto’ in the subject line.