B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. In 2018 B+H joined the Surbana Jurong Group (“SJ”) and now works actively within the global network of SJ companies.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
The Divisional Controller will report directly to the B+H COO/CFO with an indirect reporting relationship to the SJ Director of Finance Americas. They, along with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, are an integral part of the Senior Financial Management team at B+H. They will take a hands-on approach to managing and directing the financial operations of the firm on a global level. With direct oversight to the global Accounting team, the incumbent will successfully oversee financial policies and processes to ensure the firm’s continued stability and profitability.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the accounting, budgeting and overall financial operations including administrative and technical supervision of Finance team.
- Manage consolidated reporting of working capital, capital expenditure, expense reporting, and other items with specific emphasis on project profitability reporting.
- Supervise the preparation and execution of reports required for external audit.
- Consistently refine and improve on policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the organization
- Provide annual pro-forma’s for the corporate entities, including income statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in Canada, the US, Asia and the Middle East
- Ensure timely reporting to regulator’s is complete and queries are responded to in an expedited manner
- Manage the success and performance of the accounting and finance staff, taking responsibility for their training, development and mentorship.
- Manage the IFRS process and report to Management and Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the internal control framework.
- Identify gaps and improvements to compliance environment.
- Assist in the annual budget process.
- Ensure cash management and related treasury functions allow the operations of the organization to perform effectively.
- Implement and manage effective insurance, banking and transactional relationships.
- Provide regular updates to senior management team
- Support the negotiation of various agreements as required.
- Liase directly with various Accounting groups within the SJ group as necessary re various reporting package and periodic requests.
- Hold a CPA designation
- 10+ years progressive Accounting & Finance experience (professional services firm preferred)
- Strong understanding of internal controls and a knack for improving and building out processes and procedures
- Strong technical Accounting skills
- Experience with IFRS, Audit and Tax methodologies
- Highly experienced with financial statement preparation and consolidation of statements from multiple regions/countries
- Demonstrated success in a global multi-office environment with matrix reporting
- Track record of successfully coaching, developing, and managing a team
- Experience working with large ERP systems (BST experience is an asset)
- You have a Can-Do Attitude + Entrepreneurial Drive with an Agile Hands-on approach that embraces change
- High performer who thrives in a super-fast-paced environment
- Upbeat positive personality
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- Developed analytical and strategic planning skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com, with ‘Divisional Controller, Toronto’ in the subject line.