B+H Architects is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Shenzhen, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams. We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com
The Experiential Graphic Designer 1 will work closely with the Experiential Graphic Design Director to creatively translate and graphically express our client’s brands into their built environments. This may include artistic installations, way-finding graphics, digital media integration and interactive elements.
- Work as an integrated member on a team of architects and interior designers to holistically design and integrate your ideas into spaces.
- Collaborate with Senior Experiential Graphic Designer and a team of architects and interior designers to develop experiential, branded spaces and wayfinding solutions that emotionally connect people to the space and to our clients’ brands.
- Participate in pre-design strategy workshops aimed at creating design solutions to elevate our clients’ brands.
- Design clever, delightful experiences by integrating dimensional and 2-D graphics, interactive installations, and choreograph digital stories and experiences.
- Prepare production-ready artwork for a variety of applications.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Able to take direction and know when to reach out for guidance.
- Technical capacity.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, environmental design, visual communication, or related field.
- 0-3 years professional experience in graphic design, environmental graphic design, exhibit design, or similar studio experience.
- Experience in architecture, interior design and wayfinding are highly desired.
- Experience with planning, documentation, and management of environmental graphics and wayfinding projects for various project types is desired.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and MS Office.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Revit, or other 3D modeling programs is highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your application HERE For more information please visit https://bharchitects.com