B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the COO/CFO, the Corporate Controller is an integral part of the Senior Management team at B+H.
As a Senior Finance leader, working with the CFO and the Global Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, this position leads the development and implementation of financial policies and processes that enable the organization to effectively measure and monitor the key drivers of growth and profitability at the project, division and global level.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the accounting, budgeting and overall financial operations including administrative and technical supervision of Finance team.
- Manage consolidated reporting of working capital, capital expenditure, expense reporting, and other items with specific emphasis on project profitability reporting
- Supervise the preparation and execution of reports required for external audit
- Consistently refine and improve on policies and procedures relating to financial and business practices of the organization
- Provide annual pro-formas for the corporate entities, including income statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in Canada, the US and the Middle East
- Manage the success and performance of the accounting and finance staff, taking responsibility for their training, development and mentorship
- Manage the IFRS process and report to Management and Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the internal framework.
- Identify gaps and improvements to compliance environment
- Assist in the annual budget process
- Ensure cash management and related treasury functions allow the operations of the organization to perform effectively.
- Implement and manage effective insurance, banking and transactional relationships
- Provide bi-monthly updates for Advisory Council
- Support the negotiation of lease agreements where needed
- 15+ years of post-qualification experience working within a professional services firm (or other project-based environment) with a partnership structure
- CPA, CGA or CMA designation is required
- Highly experienced with financial statement preparation and consolidation of statements from multiple regions
- Experience with revenue recognition policies (project % complete, etc.) interim billing and project based work, including cost, cash flow, and bid management
- Demonstrated success in a global multi-office environment with matrix reporting.
- Working experience with IFRS strongly preferred
- Experience managing a small team of financial professionals
- Experience working with ERP systems (BST experience is an asset)
- Detail oriented and “hands-on” approach with the ability to see the big picture
- Confident presentation and communication skills ,
- Developed analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Project management and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com , with ‘Global Corporate Controller – Toronto’ in the subject line.