B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services. Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences. Collaborating across multiple studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
The Vancouver Studio
B+H’s Vancouver studio is a full-service practice offering architecture and interior design services and also is the headquarters of our CHIL hospitality interiors studio. Under the leadership of the Principals, the Vancouver Studio designs and delivers large and medium scale projects throughout Western Canada in the commercial, multi-family residential, healthcare, mixed-use, institutional, retail, higher education, and hospitality sectors. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and www.childesign.com.
Collaborating across Canada in commercial and healthcare sectors, the Senior PM Architect oversees all aspects of project delivery within a cross-section of scales and complexities. Working in a team-based environment in our Vancouver Studio you will be responsible for assisting in the creation of business development of new work, delivery, leadership, and mentoring of scope from healthcare, multi-family residential, commercial, and institutional projects, work plans, staffing plans, and partner and client progress reporting. This role reports to the Managing Principal, Vancouver.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Lead and manage stakeholder/ client meetings including working sessions with contractors, consultants, and
- Plan and prepare for presentations, drawings, models, and narratives for
- Deliver projects on schedule and within
- Manage project
- Maintain accurate project reporting in ERP (BST)
- Managing fundamental aspects of project delivery, from the design and construction documentation to construction administration (through site preparation to building completion).
- Participating directly in the design, development, and inspection of technical
- Assigning, coordinating, and reviewing the work (especially technical) of project teams; including engineering and specialty
- Developing, organizing, and reviewing building plans and design documents for municipal approvals
- Determining and scheduling different stages of the design process according to the client and/or construction manager’s
- Ensuring that projects meet code, environmental, safety, structural, zoning, and aesthetic
- Understanding project financials and contractual
- Confidently managing contract administration phase of projects including, Change order Process, Additional Service Notifications, and Completion Certification
- Monitoring progress and ascertaining whether stages of the construction administration are in compliance with building plans and project deadlines.
- Responsible for internal project controls: labour projection and schedule
- Signing off on architectural projects
- Liaise with firm leaders in professional practice and business/ office
- Postgraduate education in Architecture or equivalent
- 10 -12 + years of experience in architecture
- Demonstrated ability in client relationship
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple
- Good interpersonal skills and mentoring/coaching experience
- Experience managing projects in CAD and
- AIBC License
- An inspirational portfolio of recognized work
- Resident of Vancouver preferred, with ability and willingness to travel as required to project
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interior, architecture, planning, and landscape architecture firm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employee If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to submit an application.