B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem-solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill, and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings, and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, Toronto & MENA, as the HR Generalist you will support studio Principals and other people managers with recruitment and coordination of local HR programs in your respective studio.
This is an opportunity for an HR professional to take on the nurturing of our productive, collaborative idea-based design studio culture.
- Working with architects, designers, and support staff to develop engaging recruitment strategies to attract, retain and develop the best possible talent base
- Managing and administering recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding activities
- Supporting people leaders with employee relations including performance management
- Be responsible for HR record keeping and administration
- Serving as a local benefits administrator
- Responsible for implementing Health & Safety and Wellness programs based on local legislation
- Coaching, mentoring employees, and leaders to continuously improve performance, leadership, and collaboration
- Other duties as required
- Previous Human Resources experience working independently, preferably in the professional services industry
- Designated CHRP is required
- Experience supporting and coaching senior staff in employee relations is essential
- Strong knowledge of local legislation and the Human Rights Code is required
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced, project-based work environment
- Experience or interest in the design industry is an asset
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
To submit an application, please visit: https://bharchitects.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25