B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Managing Principal, Toronto and the Managing Principal, MENA while working with our Partners in the studio to lead and manage HR cycles, programs and activities. In addition, as a Senior HR leader operating from our Head Office, the HR Manager will have a dotted reporting relationship to the CEO where they will act as the firm leader for all global HR initiatives, working closely with their HR counterparts across the B+H studios. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and leading the mentorship of a Global HR Generalist and will jointly have the opportunity to take on the nurturing of our productive, collaborative idea-based design studio culture.
- Manage and administer all Human Resources cycles and activities, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, talent reviews, salary review and bonus payout, inter-studio employee transfers, employee relations and offboarding.
- Participate in bi-weekly staffing meetings to understand business needs and maximize resources between the studios.
- Perform full cycle recruitment; draft job descriptions, filter, screen and match resumes, actively source for candidates, conduct phone interviews, schedule and conduct interviews, conduct reference checks, prepare employment contracts and manage the onboarding cycle.
- Identify organizational development opportunities and working with studio leaders to address them.
- General front-line employee relations and administration for over 150 employees in two time zones.
- Coach employees and leaders to continuously improve performance, leadership and collaboration.
- Work with architects, designers and support staff to develop engagement strategies to attract, retain and develop the best possible talent base.
- Responsible for implementation of Health, Safety and Wellness programs based on local legislation.
- Coordinate global HR projects in partnership with other HR Managers across the B+H studios.
- Manage the annual renewal of benefit offerings to staff; exploring opportunities to enhance them.
- Oversee employee leaves, disability management and Return-To-Work plans.
- Supporting decision making with proactive advice and solutions crafted to meet current and future business needs.
- Ensuring B+H policies are reviewed and updated in accordance with local legislation.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Postsecondary education in Human Resources or a related field. CHRP/CHRL designation considered an asset.
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience, preferably in the professional services sector. Experience working in an architecture or design Firm is a plus (but not a must).
- Experience recruiting in a fast paced, project-based work environment.
- Solid knowledge of the Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and keeping abreast of changes in the employment landscape.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to form trusting relationships with all stakeholders.
- Passionate advocate of Human Resources best practice; strong business acumen and ability to influence with integrity.
- Demonstrated accountability and a strong work ethic.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to exercise independent discretion and sound judgement.
- Comfortable being the ‘Alternate Company Security Officer’ (ACSO) and obtaining secret level clearance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com, with ‘Human Resources Manager – Toronto and MENA’ in the subject line.