B+H is a global, award-winning, full service consulting and design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 65 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com .
Our Interiors Practice
For more than 40 years, interiors has been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established in our studios around the world. Additionally, our interiors practice supports projects that are integrated with large, complex architectural projects.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education, corporate workplace and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice.
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Reporting to the Principal and Senior Associate, the Interior Designer will participate in the planning and preparing of interior design concepts, through a variety of project phases. The successful candidate will be eager to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team and be comfortable working alongside remote colleagues from our global studios. The Calgary studio is growing and looking for a candidate who has both creative and technical skills, as well as establishing existing and new client relationships. Working closely with Calgary’s Senior Associate Edward Tsang, the Interior Designer will coordinate on local and global projects.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the B+H team.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality renderings.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Understand the project fee and client budget.
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- A degree or diploma from an accredited Interior Design program
- Corporate workplace experience
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great collaboration skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Interior Designer, Calgary” in the subject line.