CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Our Vancouver, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intern Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the B+H team
- With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality renderings
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Aid in preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- Up to 3 years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- An Intern membership with ARIDO (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your NCIDQ certification
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects (from school or employment) with emphasis in Workplace, Hospitality and/or Healthcare design
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work on school, ARIDO or IDC events or committees
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org , with “Interior Designer, CHIL – Vancouver” in the subject line.