B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, strategy, and other consulting services.
Within our studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. Our clients’ visions are realized through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. Every challenge is an opportunity for us to learn, so we never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 350 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
We are seeking a talented design-oriented Junior to Intermediate Healthcare Interior Designer in our Hong Kong Studio. Reporting to healthcare team, the Junior/Intermediate Interior Designer is responsible to plan and design interior spaces and concepts.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing
- Work closely with the Design team positively with passion to formulate preliminary space plans and produce three-dimensional-creative and unique design concepts that are culturally attractive, functional, within budget and aesthetically pleasing.
- Willing to listen and understand client’s needs and work towards the goal to accomplish client’s vision with international level cutting edge design solution
- Naturally sensitive and have working knowledge of materials and products that will be used to create and furnish the space and how texture, color, lighting and other factors combine and interact to make a space functional working and aesthetically amazing.
- Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors as required and directed.
- Having knowledge and able to prepare or checking/reviewing, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, furnishings, fixtures, equipment and millwork; create sample boards; knowledgeable in the areas of building construction, building materials, specifications, codes, life safety issues, technical drawing and business practices.
- Collaborate with Senior Healthcare Architect with consultants who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as well as any specialty consultants as required.
- Understanding of project fee and client budget.
- Develop documents, drawings and diagrams which outline client needs to appropriately portray the design concept and to meet functional, maintenance, performance, environmental and safety requirements under direction of supervising designer
- Understand the process of selection, specification and documentation of furniture, furnishings, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product description; contract administration to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation under the supervision of the senior interior designer
- Proactively seek out resources and information from senior staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant industry experience as an interior designer; exposures to healthcare projects in Asia would be preferred.
- Good understanding of the design process and ability to comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects
- Comfortable meeting and dealing with architects, contractors, other consultants, other interior designers, material suppliers and specifiers
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or 3DsMax), Microsoft Office and Excel, Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point, Indesign and Photoshop)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese or English is preferred
In return, we offer a competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training and career advancement.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to AsiaResumes@bharchitects.com , with “Interior Designer, Healthcare” in the subject line.