Intermediate Interior Designer
We’re a design firm looking for adventurous creatives.
Our studio came together to co-create the culture manifesto below: A set of values that empowers us to design projects that push the limits of creativity by acknowledging the humanity in the creative process. We believe in letting things get a little messy while we let our minds explore the bounds of what’s possible. Once we’ve found something truly new, then we reassemble it into the clean, well-executed project our clients expect from us. Join us if you’re willing to try new things, go bold, and to let the best idea win. If you’re willing to stretch yourself and you want to create something that’s never existed before, we want you.
B+H is a culture-driven organization, and our culture manifesto acts as a guide and inspiration for our client and interpersonal relationships:
GO BOLD: Challenge the status quo. Safe to fail.
BEST IDEA WINS: No capes no crowns.
NO A**HOLES: Internal and external relationships
MAKE IT MATTER: Social conscience. Meaningful and Purposeful work.
SEEK TO GROW: Learn to change. Knowledge, talent, community.
PLAYFUL HUMANS: We are fun. We are free-spirited. Work hard, play hard.
For more information, please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com .
Our Interiors Practice
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology, and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy, and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education, and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our branded CHIL Interior Design group creates unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Hilton, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott Hotels, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Our Seattle studio is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing on corporate workspace design. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success and embraces being part of a high-performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs, and resources.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements, and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high-quality renderings.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental, and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement, and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce DD & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, and schedules) in both REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes, and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Assist with permit tender applications as required.
- Complete construction administration from tender through project closeout with assistance from CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train intern designers.
- Other duties as required.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills.
- Collaboration Skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills.
- Time Management and Organization Skills.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Interior Designer.
- Skilled in Revit, Enscape, and/or other 3D modeling software.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience selecting and specifying furniture, finishes, materials and light fixtures appropriate to project type.
- Working knowledge of ADA guidelines, basic building code and construction methods.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Intention to obtain NCIDQ certification.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click here.