B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem-solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill, and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings, and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
For more than 40 years, interiors have been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 8 regional interiors studios in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing and Hong Kong. Our Advance Strategy team led from Seattle collaborates with our studios worldwide. Discovery tools validated by continual research connect our clients’ business needs with future-proofed space strategies to inform built solutions.
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education, and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our branded CHIL Interior Design group provides creates unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Hilton, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott Hotels and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Our Vancouver studio is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing on commercial and workspace design. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success and embraces being part of high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling and informative presentations that exceed visual expectations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs, and resources.
- Effectively coordinate with local suppliers, project consultants, client representatives, and team members to deliver project milestones.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high-quality renderings.
- Support internal teams on a variety of projects to best serve our other industry clients within Architecture, CHIL, Advance Strategy, and other 9 Studios.
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement, and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce Design Development & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing, and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, local codes, technical drawing, contract administration, and business practices.
- Assist with permit and bid applications as required.
- Complete contract administration from tender through project closeout with assistance from Project Manager and CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train Junior interior designers and technicians.
- Other duties as required
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program.
- 5+ years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- A membership with IDIBC (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained your NCIDQ certification or in the process of completion.
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects with emphasis in Workplace, Corporate and Commercial design.
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work, IDIBC events or industry associated committees.
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- Proficient with REVIT, both as a planning and modeling (3D) tool
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Passionate in design, positive outlook, and patient individual.
For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com.
To submit an application, please visit our hiring portal here.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet the required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.