We are seeking a talented design-oriented Intermediate Interior Designer in our Shanghai Studio. Reporting to Senior Interior Designer and/or Director, the Intermediate Interior Designer is responsible to plan and design interior spaces and concepts.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing
- Work closely with the Design team positively with passion to formulate preliminary space plans and produce three-dimensional-creative and unique design concepts that are culturally attractive, functional, within budget and aesthetically pleasing.
- Willing to listen and understand client’s needs and work towards the goal to accomplish client’s vision with international level cutting edge design solution
- Naturally sensitive and have working knowledge of materials and products that will be used to create and furnish the space and how texture, color, lighting and other factors combine and interact to make a space functional working and aesthetically amazing.
- Communicate with clients, consultants and contractors as required and directed
- Having knowledge and able to prepare or checking/reviewing, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, furnishings, fixtures, equipment and millwork; create sample boards; knowledgeable in the areas of building construction, building materials, specifications, codes, life safety issues, technical drawing and business practices.
- Collaborate with Project Manager with consultants who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as well as any specialty consultants as required.
- Understanding of project fee and client budget.
- Develop documents, drawings and diagrams which outline client needs to appropriately portray the design concept and to meet functional, maintenance, performance, environmental and safety requirements under direction of supervising designer
- Understand the process of selection, specification and documentation of furniture, furnishings, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product description; contract administration to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation under the supervision of the senior interior designer
- Proactively seek out resources and information from senior staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience as an interior designer; exposures to commercial/hospitality/healthcare projects in Asia would be preferred.
- Good understanding of the design process and ability to comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills required to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects
- Comfortable meeting and dealing with architects, contractors, other consultants, other interior designers, material suppliers and specifiers
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or 3DsMax), Microsoft Office and Excel, Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point, Indesign and Photoshop)
- Strong team player with “Green Design” sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese or English is preferred
In return, we offer a competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training and career advancement.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to AsiaResumes@bharchitects.com , with “Intermediate Interior Designer” in the subject line.