B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multigenerational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
B+H Vancouver is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing on hospitality design. This individual will be creative, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
In specific, as B+H’s Creative and Graphic Design Lead, North America, you will be responsible for:
- Work with the team to produce compelling and informative presentations that exceed visual expectations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Effectively coordinate with local suppliers, project consultants, client representatives, and team members to deliver project milestones.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements, and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high quality renderings.
- Support internal teams on a variety of projects to best service our other industry clients.
- Research, gather, recommend, and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce Design Development & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules) in ideally both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, local codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Assist with permit and bid applications as required.
- Complete contract administration from tender through project close out with assistance from Project Manager and CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train Junior interior designers and technicians.
- Other duties as required.
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skillset:
- Keen understanding of graphic design principles including typography, color theory, proportion, scale, and the printing process
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, and sometimes changing deadlines
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- In addition to strong communication, you have a successful experience presenting to clients
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least 4-6 years of team leadership experience
- 8-10 years in a senior, in-house graphic design role
- Flexibility to work across different time zones
- Must have advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs and creating design layouts with Adobe InDesign (latest version)
- Advanced knowledge of printing production processes
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and video editing software is an asset (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in the planning, architecture, interior design, or related industry
- Financial literacy – ability to develop and manage budgets
- Experiencing managing external agencies, photographers, and other third-party vendors
- Environmental Graphic Design experience
- MAC operating system literacy considered an asset
- Proficiency in WordPress considered an asset
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to submit an application.