B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multigenerational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
B+H / CHIL Vancouver is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice focusing on hospitality design. This individual will be creative, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intermediate Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Work with the team to produce compelling and informative presentations that exceed visual expectations.
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Effectively coordinate with local suppliers, project consultants, client representatives, and team members to deliver project milestones.
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements, and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
- Lead development of 2 and 3D design concepts, with emphasis on high quality renderings.
- Support internal teams on a variety of projects to best service our other industry clients.
- Research, gather, recommend, and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
- Produce Design Development & Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details, and schedules) in ideally both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Produce and manage projects and schedules, with a Project Manager as needed, according to project size.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, local codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Assist with permit and bid applications as required.
- Complete contract administration from tender through project close out with assistance from Project Manager and CA staff as required.
- Mentor and train Junior interior designers and technicians.
- Other duties as required.
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program.
- 5+ years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- Attained your NCIDQ certification or in the process of completion.
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects with emphasis in Workplace, Corporate and Commercial design. Only use this for workplace position. Swap out workplace, corporate and commercial for hospitality, residential and F&B
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- Proficient with REVIT, both as a planning and modelling (3D) tool – only for workplace position, swap out for CAD for hospitality designer.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Passionate in design, positive outlook, collaborative, and patient individual
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to submit an application.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.