B+H Architects Opportunity
Intermediate Landscape Architect – Toronto studio
B+H is an internationally recognized global design firm specializing in architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, and landscape architecture. The firm has more than 65 years of design and technical excellence in a broad range of building types.
The B+H Planning & Landscape department prides itself on creating innovative design solutions for planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects. With a deep and diverse portfolio of local and international project experience, the B+H Landscape team have developed a strong contextual approach to design. In keeping with sustainable and best practice objectives, the landscape design for each project is deeply rooted in a comprehensive understanding of the site and user to produce a design response that is unique to place, has the smallest ecological footprint, and results in the greatest social impact for a community. We push boundaries; therefore, the work is engaging, challenging, rewarding, and unique to the landscape architectural profession.
The B+H planning, urban design and landscape architecture team is looking for an Intermediate Landscape Architect to contribute to our creative and collaborative design process, and to manage CAD/Revit base plans, working drawings and presentation graphics for landscape and urban design projects. The candidate is expected to be a detail-oriented critical thinker who can contribute to design discussions, take initiative, and are comfortable in dealing with fast-paced deadlines. The candidate must be able to undertake the design and production of graphic and presentation drawings using various graphic software applications, and coordinate CAD/Revit drawings files. Candidates must also be nimble, having the core capabilities to undertake the landscape architecture work but must also have a good understanding of, or the willingness to learn planning and urban design and able to support the entire team as needed.
- Participate and oversee the development of design concept direction through implementation into subsequent production and construction stages
- Collaborate with the planning and landscape team, other design disciplines within the Toronto studio, as well as other B+H studios globally
- Be efficient in the preparation of base plans using surveys, architectural and engineering drawings
- Be able to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
- Be efficient in the preparation of layout, grading and planting plans including construction details using Revit and CAD
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in CAD and Revit drafting
- Proficiency in presentation graphics software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch-Up and Rino
- Experience with grading, construction materials and detailing
The successful candidate:
- University bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, or relevant undergraduate degree (ie. environmental science, forestry, planning) with a master’s degree in landscape architecture
- 5-10 years professional office experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse team
- Capable of working independently and under pressure, and taking initiative
- Able to push progressive design and presentation graphics
- Have an interest in professional development including sustainable design and LEED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Revit Certified Profession preferred
- Able to have fun in an enjoyable, collaborative, and supportive team environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to apply.