B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shenzhen, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit https://bharchitects.com/
Our Toronto studio is looking for a highly motivated Intern Architect to join our team. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
This is a full-time permanent position working with/ supporting Senior Architects on the development of projects with responsibility for preparing client presentation materials, schematic and design development drawings, and construction documentation as well as liaising with consultants and other team members.
- Participate in all phases of project development: schematic design to contract administration and close-out
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, site, and environmental analysis, construction documentation, contract administration, and authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Participate in site meetings and conduct general reviews
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Ensure the flow of information within the project team
- Manage communications with project consultants and act as the liaison
- Perform industry-related research: building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Ability to work well with clients, contractors, consultants and colleagues
- Ability to work in a team environment and meet project deliverables in a timely manner
- Fully proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Grasshopper and Rhino.
- Creative and pragmatic with a focus on design
- Other graphic software is an asset
- Knowledge of regional building code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global architecture, interiors and planning & landscape firm
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
Education & Experience
- Professional degree in Architecture and be a registered Intern Architect with the OAA
- Minimum 2 years of local experience completing complex commercial and mixed-use projects (i.e., office and retail space)
- Experience with digital and analogue model making skills a recommended asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Submit your application HERE For more information