B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in design, sustainability, technical expertise, and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem-solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill, and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to elevate our lives and are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings, and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet.
Our Interiors Practice
First and foremost, we are a Design excellence driven studio. We have envisioned, created and delivered world-class Interiors for our world class clients for over 40 years.. A thriving Interior Design practice within the larger interdisciplinary B+H family, our projects are independent and distinct from our architectural practice with a global presence established through 8 regional studios in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing and Hong Kong.
Ours is a deeply collaborative approach within a design-led culture where the best ideas win. Our teams envision stories that we manifest into environments by seamlessly encouraging input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our branded CHIL Interior Design group provides unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Hilton, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott Hotels and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Our Toronto, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated Intern Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intern Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Ensure the work aligns with the design excellence standards set by the studio design.
- Have a very strong creative set of skills to work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations through a good knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite software.
- With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality renderings
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Aid in preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- Up to 3 years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- An Intern membership with ARIDO (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your NCIDQ certification
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects (from school or employment) with emphasis in Workplace, Hospitality and/or Healthcare design
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work on school, ARIDO or IDC events or committees
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed
- Comfortable with REVIT, both as a planning and modelling (3D) tool
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
Ready to apply?
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply button.
B+H is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and B+H’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.