CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem-solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill, and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
With dedicated CHIL Interior Design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong we bid and work on projects around the world. With B+H studios, we are represented in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Our Interiors Practice
With a history of over 45 years in hospitality design and more than 9 years as an important studio of the B+H practice, CHIL Interior Design has been providing high-quality interior design services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 3 global hospitality interior design studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Hong Kong, where we lead the creative aspects of all hospitality interior design, developing unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Fairmont, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. CHIL also creates a leading-edge residential design with projects built and in development in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as in Seattle, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
Our Vancouver, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated Junior Interior Hospitality Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success and embraces being part of high performance, best-in-class team.
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative presentations
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective representative of the B+H team
- With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Aid in preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, and schedules) in AutoCAD
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- Up to 3 years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects (from school or employment) with an emphasis in Hospitality and/or residential design
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion, and patience
For more information about our firm please visit www.CHILdesign.com
To submit an application, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1595471567/
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet the required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.