B+H is an internationally recognized global design firm specializing in architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, and landscape architecture. The firm has more than 65 years of design and technical excellence in a broad range of building types. The B+H Planning & Landscape department prides itself on creating innovative design solutions for planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects. With a deep and diverse portfolio of local and international project experience, the B+H Landscape team have developed a strong contextual approach to design. In keeping with sustainable and best practice objectives, the landscape design for each project is deeply rooted in a comprehensive understanding of the site in order to produce a design response with the smallest ecological footprint, while resulting in the greatest social impact for a community. The work is engaging, rewarding and unique to the landscape architectural profession. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com.
The B+H planning, urban design and landscape architecture team is looking for an Intermediate Landscape Architect to produce and manage CAD/Revit base plans, working drawings and presentation graphics for landscape and planning projects. The candidate will coordinate CAD/Revit drawings file and assist in the design and production of graphic and presentation drawings, using various graphic software applications. Candidates must be detail-oriented critical thinkers that are comfortable in a fast-paced deadline driven work environment.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Toronto office as well as other B+H offices globally.
- Efficient in the preparation of base plans using surveys, architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
- Efficient in the preparation of layout, grading and planting plans including construction details using Revit and CAD.
Skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in CAD drafting.
- Proficiency in Revit drafting.
- Proficiency in presentation graphics software, including Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch Up and 3D Max.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong graphic communication skills.
- Experience with grading, construction materials and detailing.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Relevant University degree in Landscape Architecture. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-8 years professional office experience preferred.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a geographically and ethnically diverse team.
- Have the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Have the passion in modern design and presentation graphics.
- Have an interest in professional development including sustainable design and LEED
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Revit Certified Profession Preferred.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
Submit your application HERE
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.