B+H is an internationally recognized global design firm specializing in architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, and landscape architecture. The firm has more than 65 years of design and technical excellence in a broad range of building types.
The B+H Planning & Landscape department prides itself on creating innovative design solutions for planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects. With a deep and diverse portfolio of local and international project experience, the B+H Landscape team have developed a strong contextual approach to design. In keeping with sustainable and best practice objectives, the landscape design for each project is deeply rooted in a comprehensive understanding of the site in order to produce a design response with the smallest ecological footprint, while resulting in the greatest social impact for a community. The work is engaging, rewarding and unique to the landscape architectural profession.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com.
The B+H Planning & Landscape team is looking for a junior landscape designer to work closely with the senior landscape architect and to be responsible for developing initial concepts through design development to construction and working drawing production. Successful candidates must demonstrate strong design- conceptualization skills and graphic production skills including 2D and 3D computer rendering. Candidates must be detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities, and work well collaboratively. This individual is expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process.
- Work closely with the Senior Landscape Architect in preparation of various drawing packages from concept to construction.
- Communicate closely with the senior landscape architects and planning leadership to implement the team vision while working independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Efficient in the preparation of base plans using surveys, architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to construct and administer Revit drawings in accordance with office standards.
Skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in drafting using Revit.
- Proficiency in presentation graphics software, including Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch Up and Rino.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong graphic communication skills
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Relevant University Degree or College Diploma in Landscape Design.
- 1-3 years professional office experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Have the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Ready to apply?
Submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
B+H is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and B+H’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet the required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.