B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com
A member of the global Marketing & Business Development (M&BD) team, this role will be ideally suited to a proactive, creative and entrepreneurial generalist, eager to contribute across a broad range of marketing, communications and business development initiatives.
The M&BD Strategist will primarily support the Vancouver studio, comprised of both a B+H architectural practice and CHIL Interior Design, the hospitality studio of B+H, but will also regularly liaise with CHIL’s Asia headquarters and team in Hong Kong, as well as support a small team based in Calgary.
This role will work most closely with the Proposals Manager, North America and the Director, Marketing & Communications, both based outside of Vancouver. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working in a highly supportive virtual team environment, but also keen to take the initiative and realize the full potential and possibilities of being the key marketing person on-the-ground in Vancouver.
- Assist with developing presentations, proposals, collateral, graphics/visual aids, and leave-behind packages for various BD pursuits and Marketing & Communications initiatives
- Perform updates and edits to existing marketing collateral as needed
- Contribute to the maintenance, organization and sharing of Marketing & Business Development materials including proposals, project description sheets, service sheets, resumes, presentations and related collateral
- Coordinate, write and submit project award entries for CHIL Interior Design and Vancouver Architecture. Work with Global Marketing & Communications team to track award submission deadlines, maintain awards calendar and develop entries for projects based on awards criteria
- Work with Global Marketing & Communications team to support external conference and industry activities for CHIL Interior Design and Vancouver Architecture, including tracking and maintaining conference calendar and assisting with conference speaking abstracts and presentations as needed.
- Liaise with Global Marketing & Communications team to supply content from CHIL Interior Design and Vancouver Architecture for B+H global social media platforms
- Business development support, including but not limited to research into potential client targets, organization and follow-up support for BD leads coming out of conferences, trips and meetings
- Being a flexible “hand on deck”– Understand that a dynamic, energetic, team environment sometimes means that priority deliverables call for an “all hands-on deck” attitude. Assist (and/or lead) efforts on short notice that contribute to overall team success, even if they may fall outside the normal, day-to-day job description.
- Participate in regional and global Marketing & Business Development meetings as required
- Liaise regularly with CHIL Asia team to share ‘latest and best’ marketing materials and identify key areas of opportunity for collaboration and integration (e.g. proposal content, presentations, project case studies, social media content, etc.)
- Help develop and continually improve the effectiveness of the department’s procedures
- Provide additional administrative, research and special projects, as needed
- Support implementation of new Digital Asset Management (DAM) system as required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related degree or equivalent experience
- 3–5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the A/E/C industry or with a professional services company
- Experience with CRM systems
- Strong writing and creative thinking skills
- Proficiency with graphics and publishing software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based tools)
- Proficiency with social media and web tools (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yammer, WordPress)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to company values
- Must be highly detail oriented with a strong drive for results, yet also flexible
- Must have the ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Must demonstrate the desire to continually improve results
- A self-starter with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Website editing experience in WordPress is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com, with Marketing and Business Development Strategist, Vancouver’ in the subject line.