B+H Architects Toronto Studio is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, organized, and reliable Payroll Specialist who has hands-on payroll processing experience for our North America studios (Toronto, Vancouver, and Seattle). As part of the Finance Team, this position reports to the Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for processing full-cycle payroll for a head count of approximately less than 200 employees.
If you are an experienced payroll professional seeking a challenge and the chance to flourish in a fulfilling environment, we encourage you to apply!
In specific, as B+H’s Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Work with ADP to prepare bi-weekly payroll for North America & Middle East studios: Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Seattle, and monthly payroll for Dubai
- Working within the ERP System (BST) to ensure accurate completion of employee time-sheets and managing data within the system
- Maintain vacation/paid time off tracking spreadsheet in compliance with company policies
- Work on payroll cost allocation bookkeeping and assisting with general ledger duties and reconciliations, as necessary
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly management reports
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit working papers
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- Completed post-secondary education in Accounting/Business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll processing
- Experience in an architectural/design firm considered an asset
- Payroll experience (preferably ADP) required, payroll certifications (PCP) an asset
- US Payroll and Benefits knowledge
- Knowledge in working with complex HRIS payroll systems
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA) preferred (or working towards), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Possesses a keen eye for detail and consistently delivers with a high degree of precision
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships with a broad mix of people through awareness of the audience and the flexibility to adapt to the environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in handling sensitive/confidential information
Benefits of Working with B+H
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, People First benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families.
- Hybrid work arrangements with minimum 3 days in the office
- Competitive pay
- A great employer paid Extended Health & Dental Benefit, Life, and AD&D
- Referral bonus program
- Company’s perks/discounts (i.e Goodlife, perkopolis etc.)
- You will be exposed to an open, continuous-learning environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
- You will work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit, and fun-loving team
- And lots of fun studio events
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Apply here.
Bold+Human – About Us
B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into trans-formative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes 400 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts, and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design, and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi-generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high-value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
At B+H we push the limits of creativity by acknowledging the humanity in the creative process. We believe in letting things get a little messy while we let our minds explore the bounds of what’s possible. Once we’ve found something truly new, then we reassemble it into the clean, well-executed project our clients expect from us. Join us if you’re willing to try new things, to go bold, and to let the best idea win. If you’re willing to stretch yourself and you want to create something that’s never existed before, we want you. For more information, please visit https://bharchitects.com/en/
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.