B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Global Controller and working closely with the North American finance and accounting team, the Payroll & General Accountant will be responsible for overseeing payroll of four North American studios (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Seattle) and our Dubai studio, along with producing management reporting and contributing to improved financial policies and procedures.
In specific, as B+H’s Payroll & General Accountant, North America, you will be responsible for:
- Work with ADP to prepare bi-weekly payroll for North America & Middle East studios: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, and monthly payroll for Dubai
- Working within the ERP System (BST) to ensure accurate completion of employee time-sheets and managing data within the system.
- Maintain vacation/paid time off tracking spreadsheet in compliance with company policies.
- Work on payroll cost allocation bookkeeping and assisting with general ledger duties and reconciliations, as necessary.
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly management reports including Global headcount report.
- Preparing and filing GSH/HST/VAT and US State franchise tax returns and compliance reports.
- Ensure payroll compliance with ALL statutory bodies such as EHT and WSIB filings.
- Ensure Company’s benefits and kept current and in compliance with Company’s policies.
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit working papers.
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required.
- Other duties, as required
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- Completed post secondary education in Accounting/Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payroll and general accounting with experience in a professional service firm strongly preferred.
- Experience in an architectural/design firm considered an asset.
- Payroll experience (preferably ADP) required, payroll certifications (PCP) an asset.
- US payroll and benefit experience.
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA) preferred (or working towards), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ready to apply?
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com
B+H is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and B+H’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.