B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
Reporting to the Global Controller and working closely with the North American finance and accounting team, the Payroll & General Accountant will be responsible for overseeing payroll of four North American studios (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Seattle) and our Dubai studio, along with producing management reporting and contributing to improved financial policies and procedures.
In specific, as B+H’s Payroll & General Accountant, North America, you will be responsible for:
- Work with ADP to prepare bi-weekly payroll for North America & Middle East studios: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, and monthly payroll for Dubai
- Working within the ERP System (BST) to ensure accurate completion of employee time-sheets and managing data within the system.
- Maintain vacation/paid time off tracking spreadsheet in compliance with company policies.
- Work on payroll cost allocation bookkeeping and assisting with general ledger duties and reconciliations, as necessary.
- Preparing timely and accurate monthly management reports
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes.
- Liaise with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit working papers.
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required
As a successful candidate you possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
- Completed post secondary education in Accounting/Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payroll and general accounting with experience in a professional service firm strongly preferred.
- Experience in an architectural/design firm considered an asset.
- Payroll experience (preferably ADP) required, payroll certifications (PCP) an asset.
- US payroll and benefit knowledge.
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA) preferred (or working towards), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employee
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to submit an application.