B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services. Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences. Collaborating across multiple studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
The Vancouver Studio
B+H’s Vancouver studio is a full-service practice offering architecture and interior design services and also is the headquarters of our CHIL hospitality interiors studio. Under the leadership of the Principals, the Vancouver Studio designs and delivers large and medium scale projects throughout Western Canada in the commercial, multi-family residential, healthcare, mixed-use, institutional, retail, higher education, and hospitality sectors. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and www.childesign.com.
B+H Architects Vancouver Studio is seeking an experienced, hands-on Project Accountant to provide high-quality project account management. We are seeking an organized professional to add value to our Finance Team with a proven track record in successful project accounting while maintaining a high level of customer service to stakeholders.
Reporting to the Global Controller and working closing with the Senior Financial Analyst, the Project Accountant will be responsible for overseeing project accounting of the Vancouver Studio, along with producing financial reporting and contributing to improved project financial management.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of project accounting for Vancouver studio
- Work within business management software (BST) to ensure accurate completion of weekly timesheets, monthly billing, project budgeting, revenue recognition and project and staffing resourcing
- Prepare timely and accurate project financial reports, variance analysis reports, and help with fee forecasts
- Work with accounting team members to finalize monthly revenue report
- Work closely with project managers to improve the project profitability and solve the problems
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes
- Work on other financial analysis and reports as required
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset and be opened to learning new processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Completed postsecondary education in Accounting/Business or related field
- 5 years of experience in project accounting with experience in professional services firm or architectural/design firm strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA), along with knowledge of GAAP and best practices, current accounting rules and regulations a plus
Benefit of working at B+H
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, People First benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families.
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits
- Employee Discounts: gym memberships etc.
- Team focused work dynamic
- Work-life balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employee. If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com