B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into transformative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services. Founded on a legacy of over 65 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes more than 450 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences. Collaborating across multiple studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
B+H Architects is seeking an experienced, hands-on Project Accountant who serves as Project Managers and Principals business partners on creating project financial success. We are seeking an organized individual with a proven track record in working on large complex multi-year projects, while meeting monthly deadlines and maintaining a high level of customer service to stakeholders.
Reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant will be a valued member of the Project Accounting team and with the mindset of collaboration and continuous improvement of our processes.
This is a hybrid position which requires the Project Accountant to be in our Toronto studio for 3 days a week.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of project accounting, including project set up, revenue recognition, billings and AR collections
- Accurate and timely entry of project budgets, based on project contracts, additional services, etc.
- Prepare and issue monthly invoices, including timesheet and expense backups, in accordance with client and project requirements
- Work closely with Project Managers and Principals to prepare monthly revenue forecasts and collection forecasts
- Prepare and review monthly project variance reports and make recommendations to Project Managers and Principals on how to improve performance, if necessary
- Actively pursue AR collections and update AR reports
- Subconsultant invoice coding and review against project budgets and contracts and process weekly Pay when Paid reports
- Assist with the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and processes
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis, as required
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset and be opened to learning new processes and procedures. The successful candidate will possess:
- Completed postsecondary education in Accounting/Business or related field
- 5 years of experience in project accounting with experience in Architectural, Interior Design, or Engineering firm strongly preferred
- Ability to think analytically and critically, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word), BST 8 experience an asset
Benefit of working at B+H
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, People First benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families.
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits
- Employee Discounts: gym memberships etc.
- Team focused work dynamic
- Work-life balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employee. If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply button.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com