B+H is a global, award-winning, full service consulting and design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 65 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting directly to the Managing Principal of our Vancouver studio (and indirectly to the Manager, Administrative Services – North America), the Project Administrator is responsible for providing project administrative support to teams from Business Development to Contract Administration in the Vancouver Studio as well as to other Studios in Canada and the U.S as required.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to architecture and interior design project teams from the design stage through completion.
- Liaise and coordinate with team members to accomplish team goals.
- Liaising and coordinating with external consultants, clients and contractors.
- Type project correspondence including Letters of Intent, minutes, memos, etc. from handwritten or printed material into B+H standard formats.
- Schedule meetings online meetings (GOTOMEETING or LYNC) for staff.
- Process Site Instructions, Change Directives, Change Orders and monthly Certificates for Payments using Statslog (contract administration software).
- Assist Finance with scanning invoices / expense reports and input data through VIR
- Assist with Principals with their AMEX and Visa statement reconciliations
- Assist with bank deposit
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an administrative assistant.
- Demonstrates tact and professionalism and maintains confidentiality. Ability to exercise discretion with highly sensitive information is particularly important.
- Knowledge of office administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional and excellent client service skills.
- Excellent word processing and typing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including strong time management skills.
- Work experience in an Architectural, Interior Design and/or Engineering environment is preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org , with Project Administrator – Vancouver, in the subject line.