The Project Architect role will oversee all aspects of the project delivery for project(s) of a cross-section of scales and complexities from interior architecture to shell and core work. In addition to the delivery, leadership and mentoring of technical documentation scope for projects, the scope of responsibilities includes project execution planning; work plans, staffing plans, and partner and client progress reporting.
The role is hands-on with junior staff and with peers to develop mentoring relationships to improve work, build morale and develop the team.
- Works in Revit daily
- Maintains Lead, document and manage stakeholder/client meetings
- Plan and prepare for presentations, drawings, models and narratives for clients
- Deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Participate in all phases of project development: schematic design to contract administration and close-out
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, site and environmental analysis, construction documentation, contract administration and authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Ensure the flow of information within the project team
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff
- Perform industry related research: building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Attend meetings as required
- Communication Proficiency
- Project Management
- Presentation Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management and Organization
- 5 plus years of experience in architecture
- Post-secondary degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Registered Architect with current license required
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Fully proficient in Revit (intermediate or advanced user preferred)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Travel: Occasional
If Interested, please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with “VANCOUVER – Project Architect” in the subject line.