We’re a design firm looking for adventurous creatives.
Our studio came together to co-create the culture manifesto below: A set of values that empowers us to design projects that push the limits of creativity by acknowledging the humanity in the creative process. We believe in letting things get a little messy while we let our minds explore the bounds of what’s possible. Once we’ve found something truly new, then we reassemble it into the clean, well-executed project our clients expect from us. Join us if you’re willing to try new things, to go bold, and to let the best idea win. If you’re willing to stretch yourself and you want to create something that’s never existed before, we want you.
B+H is a culture-driven organization, and our culture manifesto acts as guide and inspiration for our client and interpersonal relationships:
GO BOLD: Challenge the status quo. Safe to fail.
BEST IDEA WINS: No capes no crowns.
NO A**HOLES: Internal and external relationships
MAKE IT MATTER: Social conscience. Meaningful and Purposeful work.
SEEK TO GROW: Learn to change. Knowledge, talent, community.
PLAYFUL HUMANS: We are fun. We are free-spirited. Work hard, play hard.
For more information, please visit https://bhadvancestrategy.com .
Our Interiors Practice
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice. Our branded CHIL Interior Design group creates unparalleled luxury hospitality and restaurant spaces for brands including Shangri-La, Hilton, Fairmont, Starwood, Marriott Hotels and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Our Seattle studio is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Interiors Practice focusing in corporate workspace design. This individual will be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in fast-paced collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Project Manager will be able to develop strategy, successfully lead teams while managing multiple complex projects effectively. The Project Manager will also lead collaboration with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Proven experience leading teams while managing small to complex, large-scale projects.
- Managing fundamental aspects of project delivery, from the design and construction documentation to construction administration.
- Developing, organizing and reviewing building plans and design document.
- Developing strategy, preparing proposals, and assisting in negotiating contracts.
- Determining and scheduling different stages of the design process according to client needs.
- Assigning, coordinating and reviewing the work of project teams; including engineering and specialty consultants.
- Managing multiple projects, depending on scale and complexity.
- Manage project budgets, monitor budget forecasting and managing the project work plan.
- Interfacing with client contacts and their representatives.
- Leading and coordinating project meetings, including development of meeting agendas and record keeping.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills.
- Collaboration Skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills.
- Time Management and Organization Skills.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- 6-9 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in digital software including REVIT (2-3 years of working knowledge), Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and Sketchup (preferred).
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in all facets of project delivery from design, technical drawings, permitting, as well as FF&E coordination and specifications is preferred.
- Strong and positive leadership and interpersonal qualities.
- Detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Passionate and inspirational with a collaborative approach.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click here.