B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise, and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Shenzhen and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com.
As a Proposal Specialist with B+H Architects, you will be a member of a dynamic and highly collaborative global Marketing & Business Development team. Your primary focus will be responsibility for project management and coordination of proposals (EOIs, RFQs, RFPs, letters) characterized by strategic research, compelling and tailored writing, an eye for graphic design and layout, and driven by a winning sales strategy developed in partnership with Principals. However, you will also have a business development orientation, with a passion for the architecture and design industry and interest in monitoring industry developments and identifying potential leads.
While based in Toronto, you will also have the opportunity to support business development and proposals efforts in other studios as required. Reporting to The Proposals Manager, you will actively work and collaborate with the rest of the global Marketing & Business Development team based across six offices and spanning six countries.
Is this the Role for You?
- Do you thrive in a highly collaborative, team-based environment that spans multiple offices and geographies?
- Are you fearless and persistent when working to get the best material, told with the customer’s needs at the forefront, on time and on target?
- Are you a high energy, proactive and enthusiastic self-starter, who sees opportunities instead of issues and meets obstacles with alternative solutions and a smile?
- Do you define “being a team player” as enthusiastically doing what it takes to help the whole team succeed, regardless of the task?
- Do you want to be part of a global Marketing & Business Development team intent on becoming the best in the architecture and design industry?
- Do you want to be part of a global architecture & design firm on the rise, with exciting future aspirations?
- Project management of proposal submissions – Develop detailed work-back schedules and timelines based on submission deadline; proactively manage and coordinate all planning and review meetings / calls; capture and circulate review meeting outcomes and action items; liaise and coordinate with graphic design team and coordinate timely production and delivery of proposals.
- Exceptional researcher and a persuasive writer – Show strong research skills into markets, sectors, competitors and potential targets, with an ability to translate information into insight able to fuel winning sales strategies and compelling and tailored narratives.
- Proposal development and coordination – Provide coordination support to ensure timely and high quality submission of proposal responses and client presentations, including: reviewing and assessing proposal requests and bid documents; proactively identifying and flagging risks that should be considered as part of a Go-No Go decision; developing a recommended proposal response structure and; assembling foundation content that addresses requirements.
- Sourcing, compiling and editing proposal content – Convert and integrate technical content provided by various authors and subject matter experts into a cohesive, compelling and well-written narrative and proposal document that is aligned with win themes.
- Infrastructure, content & reporting – Assist in maintaining proposal-related content elements within the firm’s Knowledge Management infrastructure and contribute to and support all proposal / pipeline tracking reporting requirements.
- Being a “hand on deck” – Understand that a dynamic, energetic marketing environment sometimes means important tasks are assigned to “all hands on deck” or whoever can help in a pinch. Assist (and/or lead) efforts on short notice that contribute to overall team success, even if they may fall outside the normal, day-to-day job description.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the professional services sector, spanning RFPs, RFQs, EOIs and client presentations.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment, and the ability to juggle competing and constantly changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to grasp technical concepts and language and convert into compelling language; as well, an ability to compile disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a cohesive and compelling response.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- Experience in the architecture, design or engineering consulting industries a plus.
- This role requires flexibility and the ability to work overtime and across different time zones as required.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your application here
Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.