B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Sr. Billing Coordinator is an integral member of the firm’s growing Finance team and is responsible for driving forward the day to day billing operations for the studios. The incumbent will combine both their solid billing experience, as well as their high regard for client service to partner effectively with stakeholders and promote the further profitability of the organization.
- Create new projects and monitor the status of existing projects in accounting system (BST)
- Maintain project budgets, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing
- Analyze & process project bills to clients monthly with appropriate backup (timesheets, expenses, sub-consultants, payroll journals, etc.)
- Coordinate and support the improvement of the Accounts Receivable process of all studios in North America and MENA.
- Track status of bills submitted and highlight issues as they arise
- Partner with the AR team as required to follow up on outstanding payments, balancing both client service and firm profitability
- Review weekly timesheets to ensure that they have been submitted and approved prior to invoicing.
- Partner with PM’s to ensure invoices are accurate and compliant with corporate guidelines
- Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers to resolve any issues that arise
- Process WIP and write-offs as needed
- Assist with special projects and provide support to larger accounting team as needed
- 3-5 years of billing experience preferably in the engineering, architectural or construction industry
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field
- Knowledge of BST is a strong asset
- Proficient in MS Excel & Word
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate task
- Detail oriented with excellent time management abilities
- Collaborative nature with a desire to contribute positively to a team atmosphere
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com, with ‘Senior Billing Coordinator, Toronto’ in the subject line.