B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, strategy, and other consulting services. Within our studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. Our clients’ visions are realized through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. Every challenge is an opportunity for us to learn, so we never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved. Our more than 350 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value. For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.
The Client Development Manager will work with Principals to develop and execute the overall M&BD strategy. She/He should demonstrate strong capabilities to develop and build up business with clients.
- Bring in leads resulting in successful contracts with yearly target given by Managing Principal
- Follow up on targeted local pursuits as directed by the China Principals
- Develop, build and maintain client relationships with local and international
- Coordinate the production of appropriate marketing materials for these potential clients (brochures, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, etc.) to be prepared by the B+H marketing team
- Report to Managing Principal China and Principal in Charge of projects.
- Keep written records of all client contacts and progress of leads in B+H system
- Attend biweekly BD meetings in the Shanghai office and report all progress and client contacts
- Focus is Greater China: including China, Hong Kong and Taiwan but leads may extend globally from Chinese clients
- Coordinate with Marketing personnel and/or Principals in B+H global offices when required for leads outside greater China
- Use Go-No-Go and Project initiation forms in coordination with supervising Principal for any leads.
- Follow up on CHIL Hospitality leads in coordination with President Asia
- Coordinate signing of contracts by having the contract reviewed by B+H Legal and Principal in Charge of Project. Assist with drafting of contracts particularly discussion of scope of work and payment terms with clients
- Extensive experience leading and driving proposals in a professional services firm with strong client development and connection in architecture and Planning and landscape area, ideally in the architecture, design industries
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to navigate and negotiate different personalities and competing priorities
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, influence and be decisive
- Ability to handle stressful situations under demanding conditions in a time-sensitive environment
- Willing and able to work overtime and travel within China
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org , with “(Senior) Client Development Manager” in the subject line.