CHIL Interior Design is the Hospitality Interior Design studio of B+H Architects. CHIL is a boutique studio with a specialization and focus on luxury hotels and high-end multi-family residential design. We are one studio within B+H – a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed B+H with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Our CHIL Interior Design – Vancouver, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated Senior Hospitality Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will have a passion for hospitality design and have the ability and creative energy to support our Dubai offices and grow the studio servicing hotel owners and brands in central and eastern Canada, as well the eastern seaboard of the United States.
We are looking for a strong team player focused on the creative development of concept and FFE for Hospitality to work alongside our BD Director and growing studio team in Vancouver. As well as providing in-studio concept and FFE design leadership, they will be able and comfortable in a client-facing role and interacting with major brand representatives.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Attend and present at client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the CHIL Interior Design team
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Prepare 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality designs and renderings
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the hotel brand and the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an elegant and timeless environment
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of FFE fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Prepare Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules) primarily in AutoCAD (and eventually REVIT).
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- 8-10+ years of experience working with recognized Interior Design firms with hospitality interiors experience
- Active membership with IDC (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained, or are working towards attaining NCIDQ certification
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint), and Spexx; as well as a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Portfolio of diverse creative projects with emphasis in Hospitality and Residential design
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work on school, IDC or NEWH events or committees
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to work seamlessly in a fast-paced and collaborative studio and ready to welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Senior Hospitality Interior Designer, CHIL, Vancouver” studio in the subject line.