B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com
Our Interiors Practice
For more than 40 years, interiors has been an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design services for our varied and prestigious clients.
A thriving standalone business with projects independent and distinct from our architectural practice has been established with 7 regional interiors studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Additionally, our interiors practice supports projects that are integrated with large, complex architectural projects.
Our clients range from mid-size to large businesses in corporate workplace, with a recent focus on working with legal, energy and tech-sector clients. Healthcare, education, hospitality and sports sectors are also part of our integrated interiors practice.
Our teams of interior designers create environments that seamlessly integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. We believe in a collaborative approach to design and encourage input from our clients throughout all stages of the project.
Reporting to the Principal, Interiors, the Senior Interior Designer is responsible for overseeing the design process. The Senior Interior Designer also has supervisory responsibilities with respect to directing, training and mentoring intermediate and junior designers.
- With input from the Director and/or Principal, oversee the interior design process and deliverables, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Under minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices
- Provide world class conceptual design/leadership, inspiring teams to continually strive for design excellence. Using knowledge of both current and future trends, deliver spaces that exceed client expectations.
- Prepare and administer construction documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate partition layouts; power and communications locations reflected ceiling and lighting plans; materials, products and finishes; and furniture selection, specifications and layouts
- Administer contract documents, bids and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants
- Assist with permit tender applications as required
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out
- Work to a project fee and client budget
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior designers
- At least 8+ years of experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- A membership with ARIDO (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained your NCIDQ certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
If this role is a fit with your career aspirations, please visit our job posting to apply.