B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Shenzhen, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com.
Our Healthcare Practice
Our experience in healthcare includes the design and construction of large-scale hospital and medical facilities in Canada, Asia, and the Middle East.
Our healthcare team creates environments that integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of the space. Healthcare Interiors is an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our prestigious clients.
Several projects within Canada have led to the requirement for an additional resource focused on healthcare facility interiors. The Senior Interior Designer will oversee the interior design process and deliverables, establish project direction and work within the project budgets and schedules for large scale projects in Canada.
With strong leadership skills, experience with user group meetings and working with senior hospital management and P3 partners, the Senior Interior Designer will deliver world-class facilities consistent with requirements that meet technology, integration, efficiency, safety and cost effectiveness. Working collaboratively within the Architecture Healthcare practice and the Healthcare Interiors Lead, the Senior Interior Designer provides leadership, technical expertise, and mentoring to a team of junior and intermediate designers with responsibility for project delivery in a time and resource-sensitive manner.
Should the opportunity and need arise, you too will be leading project design of B+H commercial projects as well.
- With input from the project Principal, oversee the interior design process and deliverable, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Under minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Provide world class conceptual design/leadership, inspiring teams to continually strive for design excellence. Using knowledge of both current and future trends, deliver spaces that exceed client.
- Prepare and administer construction documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate partition layouts; power and communications locations; reflected ceiling and lighting plans;
- Manage requirements for materials, products and finishes; and furniture selection, specifications and layouts.
- Administer contract documents, bids, and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants.
- Assist with permit tender applications as required.
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out.
- Work to a project fee and client budget.
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships.
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior designers.
- At least 8+ years of experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- A membership with ARIDO (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained your NCIDQ certification
- Recent experience working on P3 Healthcare projects
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm.
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to Graham.Traynor@bharchitects.com.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you. Submit your application here