We are seeking an expert in transformative, forward-thinking design to lead the creative process and inspire our world class team located in Shanghai.
The Senior Interior Designer, will be responsible for managing the design process as well as the direction, training and mentoring of the interior design team.
A creative thinker with a robust portfolio including built, award-winning work, the Senior Interior Designer will be capable of leading design with their own hand, as well as bringing strong experience directing and guiding design teams to develop outstanding project solutions.
The Senior Interior Designer, is a client-facing role and candidates are expected to have a well-rounded network and a strong track record of supporting the business development process for standalone projects as well as representing the multiple functions for integrated project work in the region.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources
- Take the lead in managing multiple projects and a design team
- Initiate creative design concept, direct delegate and assign tasks appropriately for all design process from schematic design to design development
- Ensure continued focus on delivering design excellence in all project work
- Oversee the design process, ensuring consistent and profitable results, maximizing team and system resources
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out
- Work to a project fee and client budget
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships
- Proactively build and maintain an external networks of clients and colleagues
- Under minimal supervision manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately
- Degree in Interior Design Above / professional registration
- 12+ years of work experience in as a creative concept interior designer; exposures to commercial/corporate interior/hospitality/healthcare projects in would be preferred
- Well-developed understanding of the design process and client needs and goals
- An inspirational portfolio of current and relevant award-winning work
- Experienced in client presentations and new business proposals
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing client expectations
- Excellent leadership skills to train and supervise intermediate and junior designers
- Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in bilingual language in English and Mandarin is preferred but not mandatory
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or Max), Microsoft Office 2003, Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point, Indesign or Photoshop)
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel as required and to work collaboratively with colleagues in B+H studios in Asia.
- Experience working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm
- An International work experience/background is preferred
For more information please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to AsiaResumes@bharchitects.com, with ‘Senior Interior Designer’, in the subject line.