WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD FUN AT WORK?!
B+H Architects, an award-winning full-service architectural practice located downtown across the street from the iconic Seattle Public Library, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer for its rapidly growing and well-established Firm. Are you a team player with a great attitude looking for a professionally rewarding experience? If you have 10 or more years of professional experience in Interior Design, and you enjoy team events as well as weekly Thirsty Thursdays and yearlong summer hours, KEEP READING!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, concept development, space planning, schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
- Work with Project Managers to review project scopes and assist in estimating design fees.
- Contribute to the review of contracts, workplans and design and construction schedules.
- Provide design leadership throughout the design and documentation process, ensuring that concepts are carried through.
- Lead the selection of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Manage and contribute to the generation of interior plans, elevations, details, and specifications needed for construction documents.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.
- Function as client contact (along with Project Manager) to facilitate visioning and programming, present design concepts, design development, FF&E packages, finishes and lighting, and participate in construction administration meetings.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Have established relationships with product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators.
- Mentor and coach junior and intermediate teammates.
- Engage in business development efforts, including participating in proposal generation and interviews.
- Play an integral part in the growth and success of the Interiors Practice Area.
- Effectively communicate and implement our key strategic initiatives and become an influential “Voice” of design.
- Reach beyond project focus to address greater studio and regional issues.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Natural ability to be awesome!
Your education and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- 10+ years of professional experience as an Interior Designer, working across varying project types.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Expert knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, and lighting fixtures, and specification.
- Expert understanding of design processes, ADA guidelines, building code and construction methods to ensure design concepts are executable.
- Skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling through space.
- NCIDQ certification.
To apply for this position, please go to https://bharchitects.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.