B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, and other consulting services.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. We enable our clients’ visions through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. We view every challenge as an opportunity for learning and never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 450 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.
The B+H Production team is looking for a senior team member, to be located in our Ho Chi Minh City Studio, to be responsible for team operations and to play a key role in project management and staff administration.
• Reporting to Director, and/or Principal, under direct line management.
• The Project Manager is responsible for deliver and quality of works from project teams they are assigned to oversee.
• Their responsibility is that of a senior managerial officer for the company which oversees the Team Leaders on projects and ensures the works being produced in the Vietnam Office is of a quality and standard fitting for B+H works.
• They are to assist the Vietnam Directors to manage, coordinated and control architectural works for Vietnam and Overseas, working with other B+H cost centers, controlling the works requirements on projects and coordinating the flow of information.
• Their role includes senior project management (with the Team Leaders) to provide time estimate and help assist with resourcing needs on project works, with regular monitoring and advice to ensure performance standards of staff and teams are to B+H expectations.
• The Project Manager also has responsibilities with respect to overseeing, training and mentoring staff under their direct control.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• With input from the Director and/or Principal, oversee the design process and deliverables for both DD and CD phases, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
• Oversee management of teams and all deliverables in relation to the project and coordinating with external consultants and internal project teams. The manager is to ensure the team’s delivery of work packages are within a timely manner and to the standards and quality controls expectations of B+H Senior Management.
• Co-ordinate with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources and develop works following the client’s brief requirements.
• Manage their projects and project teams; overseeing the delegation and assignments of work tasks appropriately as work role requires.
• Be fully conversant with the requirements of the contract documentation, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; they are required to be knowledgeable in all areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices of B+H.
• Administering the production of construction documentation consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate non-structural and/or partition layouts; power and communications locations reflected ceiling and lighting plans; materials, products and finishes; and furniture selection, specifications and layouts and all coordination issues required of the Vietnam office.
• Administer and assist with contract documents, bids and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants.
• Assist with permit tender applications as required.
• Complete construction administration from tender through project close out.
• Work to a project fee and client budget
• Foster and cultivate good client relationships
• Mentor and train intermediate and junior colleagues.
• Provide back-up assistance to other members of the Architecture group.
• Assist senior management in the development of new business opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Min Architecture Degree with at least 10 years’ experience
• Understand the design process and fully comprehend the client’s needs and goals
• Excellent leadership skills to train and supervise intermediate and junior architects
• Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake projects
• Professional, client service oriented and positive representative of the firm
• Exercise sound judgment; proactive and anticipate client needs; effectively identify problem areas and negotiate and mediate when necessary to resolve issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
• Good working knowledge of Provincial Building Code
• Member of provincial professional organization an asset
• Obtained or considering LEED CI certification, Greenmark or AP accreditation is an advantage
• Proficiency in Software/Technology: AutoCAD 2009 or similar (Revit or Microstation an asset), 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or Max), Microsoft Office 2003 (including Excel), Presentation Software (Image Ready, Power Point or Photoshop) Microsoft Project skills an advantage.
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com, with “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line.