The Signage + Wayfinding and Experiential Graphic Designer will work closely with the Experiential Graphic Design team to support the larger team in the strategic design and development of signage and wayfinding systems, environmental graphics, placemaking and identity programs for healthcare, office, hospitality, and retail projects.
- Work as an integrated member on a team of architects and interior designers to holistically design and integrate your ideas into spaces.
- Collaborate with a team of architects and interior designers to conceptualize and deliver solutions for experiential, branded spaces and to program and develop brand identity and wayfinding signage systems.
- Multi-task, with the ability to be both creative in the design of EXD features, environmental graphics, wayfinding signage, and brand identity programs, as well as possess the organizational skills to create, document, and manage large scale graphic and signage Design Intent packages, locations plans, and message schedules.
- Be proficient in understanding architectural plans, sections and elevations.
- Be up to speed on ADA accessibility requirements and legibility standards, as well as working knowledge of typical Fire and Building code criteria in regard to signage.
- Prepare production-ready artwork for a variety of applications.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and be available for spontaneous Team calls or requests for information as needed during office hours.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work in an open team environment.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Open and receptive to coaching, ability to assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
- Able to take direction and know when to reach out for guidance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, signage + wayfinding, environmental design, visual communication, or related field.
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in graphic design, signage + wayfinding environmental graphic design, or similar studio experience.
- Experience in architecture, interior design and wayfinding are highly desired.
- Experience with planning, documentation, and management of environmental graphics and wayfinding projects for various project types and scales.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite [illustrator, InDesign. Photoshop].
- Understanding of scale and scale drawings.
- Proficiency in Hot Door CADTools, MS Office.
- Experience in 3D modeling, SignAgent, and/or Revit a plus.
- Strong understanding of fabrication techniques, materials, and finishes.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Benefit of working at B+H
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive, People First benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families.
- Remote/Hybrid work environment
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drugs, vision, and dental with no waiting period
- Vacation days
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Additional 5 days of paid holiday between Christmas and New Years
- 10 days of sick leave per year
- Paid Jury/Witness Duty
- Paid Bereavement
- Employer paid Disability, Life, & AD&D Insurance Coverage
- ORCA card
- Referral bonus program
The salary range for this role is $65,000 to $85,000 USD per year. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, which may be subject to change as new market data becomes available. A candidate’s skills, experience, and other relevant factors will determine the exact compensation.
B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world. Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams. We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future. For more information about our firm please visit: www.bharchitects.com and www.bhadvancestrategy.com
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.