WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD FUN AT WORK?!
B+H Architects, an award-winning full-service architectural practice located downtown across the street from the iconic Seattle Public Library, is seeking an Interiors Technical Designer 1 / Project Architect for its rapidly growing and well-established Firm. Are you a team player with a great attitude looking for a professionally rewarding experience? If you have 2 or more years of professional experience on the technical side of Interior Design, and you enjoy team events as well as weekly Thirsty Thursdays and yearlong summer hours, KEEP READING!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide project team coordination for finished construction drawings, specifications, and material selections.
- Develop digital 3D renderings to communicate design concepts.
- Support design team in the preparation of presentations, drawings, models and narratives under guidance from senior interior designers and architects.
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project, monitoring the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring design intent is consistently incorporated.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives and ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements.
- Receive instruction on specific assignment objectives, analyzing complex features and developing possible solutions.
- Ensure that construction documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Participate in construction administration, attend and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFIs, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction.
- Maintain project manual and specifications.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Natural ability to be awesome!
Your education and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 2+ years professional experience post-graduation, including construction document preparation and field observation.
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
- Proficient in Revit, Enscape and other 3D modeling software. Experience using and applying VR and/or AR as applicable to the interior design process is a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Bluebeam Revu and Microsoft Office.
To apply for this position, please go to https://bharchitects.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.